CTFC in 2018
Churches Together in Fleet & Crookham (CTFC) initiated a review of their aims and activities at their September 2017 meeting. There are a number of steps and phases to this:
2. Local church ministers met in late November to consider the survey results and put proposals to the January 2018 Reps Meeting.
3. That January meeting recognised that CTFC needed to change, and that the priorities for the coming year should be:
- for the ministers to invest in strengthening their relationships and concentrate on building one another up in love so as to improve relationships and enable greater working together in the future
- to ensure that the projects we run continue successfully
This means that, aside from partnering with Church on the Heath to host a Saltmine Theatre Company production on 17 March, there will be no CTFC events organised from the centre in 2018. The possibility of joint working remains; it is open to any one church to take the lead on an initiative and open it up to other churches to participate; this then becomes a Churches Together event.
The CT Projects Group, which oversees the projects under the aegis of CTFC and includes representatives from FACCTS and Living Stones (which are separate charities), will continue with Patrick Butler as Chair and Will Parker as Secretary. This group will take responsibility for CTFC finances which are currently healthy. The posts of Chair and Secretary of CTFC itself are currently vacant.
4. We are therefore in a listening phase. We'd like to encourage prayer for fruit to come from the ministers' investment in relationships, and for a sense of what CTFC should look like and be doing to emerge. It's an exciting time; the January meeting acknowledged, to use a metaphor that found favour, that the land needed to lay fallow for a season. That gives time to see what God causes to spring up or, indeed, what He wants to be sown.
5. The CT Reps Group will next meet on 12 July for a "Focus on the Future" meeting. The plan is that, from what comes out of this meeting, the ministers will develop proposals to put to the AGM on 11 September. This may lead to the need to change the Constitution; this would need the agreement of 75% of member churches.
Anyone with thoughts or questions is invited to speak to their minister or rep
If you'd like to listen to Jackie Pullinger's memorable talk at Church on the Heath in May 2016, you can find it by clicking here.
Pray a Blessing over Fleet
If you wish to make a donation to Churches Together in Fleet and Crookham, you can do so in two ways:
1. Please go to MyDonate. You may donate to Churches Together in Fleet & Crookham or, if you wish your gift to go to Hart Foodbank specifically, please use https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/hartfoodbank.
2. Please print off, complete and return the attached form.
Elsewhere on the Website
The site provides information to support what we do together. You can find information about:
- News and reports of issues that are of interest to churches and ecumenical groups
- Links and contact information for churches and Christian ventures in the area
- Information on the purpose, constitution and officers of (...)